We’re attempting our 10 Week Challenge coming out of our final year at university, needless to say our finances aren’t fantastic :P.
Our diet plan is based around a very cheap basis which can be made much tastier with very little effort. Our weekly shop turns out between £25-£30 for the two of us which is only £15 max a week per person if you shop right (It’s important to note that this doesn’t include protein powder or supplements but does include home made protein bar ingredients (minus the powder)).
- bananas 10 pack - £1.40
- 4 packet powders such a curry sauce and casserole mix (These have next to nothing in them but keep you from going crazy through lack of taste) - 4 for £1.00
- Frozen Sprouts - £1.00
- 2 x 4pint semi-skimmed milk fresh - £2.00
- 16 Large Tortilla Wraps - £2.50
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce - £0.50
- 4 x Frozen Pollock - £1.65
- Frozen Broccoli - £0.75
- 2 x 1.5litre Orange Juice - £1.50
- Pears x 8 - £0.75
- Pack of Peppers - £1.50
- Bag of Porridge Oats - £0.75
- UHT skimmed Milk x 6 - £3.00
- 4x6 Free Range Eggs - £4.00 (Free Range are very important, not only do i disagree morally but caged hen eggs do not contain anywhere near the muscle building quality of free range and you end up spending more on caged hen eggs per protein and nutrients!!!!!!)
- Frozen Leaf Spinach - £1.00
- Cuppa Soup tomato - £0.25 (Sounds odd but if your cupping with brown pasta and fish or chicken, a cuppa soup can be like a cheap tomato sauce, desperate times call for desperate measures a student and weirdly it doesn’t taste half bad)
- Princes Tuna Chunks - 4 for £3.00
- 2x Loaves of wholemeal bread - £1.35
There is no chicken, mixed fruit and nuts or Brown Rice on this list as these were all bought in the previous shop.
Make sure you shop smart and look for offers and value products, You’ll never make a gourmet meal for value products but it’s tastes fine and gives you what you need. Happy Shopping
The first week is over and out of 5 potential workout days (starting this blog on Tuesday meant that we couldn’t have 6 this week) we managed to make 3 at the gym and 1 home workout…… We admit we aren’t perfect, but 4 out of 5 isn’t bad.
Next week we are aiming for all 6 at the gym. Though there will be an alteration to my (the men’s) workout; Arms are being moved to Thursday and Back to Wednesday as the inevitable crossover of Arms in Chest exercises have caused some problems.
We’ll be posting pictures next for the end of the first week and on Saturday evening or Sunday morning every week after this.
For those who are interested there is a very intense home workout you can do for your shoulder if like us the Gym has closed.
All you need is a gym bag or other sort of holdall and any heavy home object e.g. books, wine bottles, etc.
Home Workout Shoulders:
1. Side Raise - Bag filled with objects.
2. Front Raise - Bag filled with objects
3. Bent over Lateral Raises - Bag in each hand filled with objects.
4. Handstand Press up (It gets difficult here, use a wall for balance if you need but don’t rest on it)
It’s not as effective as the gym but can be intense if you push yourselves.